Here is the dress I made for an Austin Powers Party. Its McCalls 8766, looking at it now, I don’t really think it was a out there as I could of gone for the party but I’m pretty happy with it, although I should have gone for a brighter pattern or colour. The fabric is cotton sateen in a snake print pattern. This dress was very easy to sew up, I followed the instructions to a tee. I have to say how surprised I am with how much alteration I would have needed to do to the dress to get it looking like the cover pattern. I left it longer as I want to unpick the dress and use the fabric on something that I’ll wear more often. It was quite baggy on, so I added a belt for some of the night. Please excuse how messy I look, this photo was taken in the early hours the next day. My hair would just not stay poofy. Thanks for reading. More photos will be up on my blog in the next day or two. Kat



Without the belt.



Advertisements